The New Advantage:
How Women in Leadership Can Create Win-Wins for Their Companies and Themselves
Women want to lead.
In many cases, their companies want that, too. Companies that attract and develop executive women gain amazing benefits. Companies with higher numbers of women at senior levels have shown results in:
- Increased revenues,
- Greater innovation,
- Stronger leadership.
Finally, in a marketplace where women make the majority of financial decisions, a balanced team more accurately reflects the customer base.
In many organizations, women are not advancing.
Despite an appreciation for talent and diversity, the representation of women dwindles at each level of leadership, causing a loss of talent, a lack of balance on the leadership team, discouragement among women, attrition, and poor public perception.
For women in leadership, the problem is exacerbated. Unable to break through to the next level of success, they start to wonder whether what they’re putting into their success is worth what they’re getting out of it.
Women are in the position to empower themselves to advance as leaders.
Women who take the lead in their careers by practicing personal leadership reach new levels of personal and professional success. In one study,
- 75% of women engaging in executive coaching were promoted within six months
- 90% reported being excited about their jobs and enjoying improved happiness and quality of life.
At the same time, when companies support the advancement of women, they attain better balance among their leaders. Reporters Claire Shipman and Katty Kay report in their research that “half a dozen global studies, conducted by the likes of Goldman Sachs and Columbia University, have found that companies employing women in large numbers outperform their competitors on every measure of profitability.”
The Book: The New Advantage for Women in Leadership
In The New Advantage, readers will discover new ways for improving business results by advancing women as leaders. Key topics include:
- The surprising differences between how women and men think about business
- The specific challenges keeping women from reaching their full potential (many of which are hidden and generally overlooked)
- The most effective ways for companies to get more talented women at the highest levels of the organization
- Important essentials women need to excel in leadership positions
- How women can improve their salaries and advance their careers while at the same time sustaining a happy, healthy quality of life.
In addition to being a roadmap for companies, The New Advantage provides women in leadership specific strategies for advancing themselves. It’s executive coaching you can hold in your hands – a practical guide to personal and professional success.